Monday, September 04, 2006

Confusion

“Can you see anything?” The Face on the Bottom questioned the Face on the Top.

“Indeed, I can,” the Face on the Top replied. “I see beings, like the ones that made us, but uglier, staring at us.”

“Staring at us?” The Face in the Middle queried. “Why?”

“I do not concern myself with the why and wherefores of lesser beings!” the Face on Top snapped with an ugly twist of his fearsome beak. “They do seem particularly interested in my visage, however. My only concern is that they display proper homage.”

The Face in the Middle scoffed, “You have become vain in your old age. They don‘t respect us. Look at the way they point!”

The Face at the Bottom shivered, “I don’t like this. It is not right. Fly at them and scare them away. Their behavior is not worthy of us.”

There is no movement. None of the shivering fear that means one of their trio has departed.

The Face at the Top cries, “I cannot move! What evil is this? Why do my wings not flap?”

The Face on the Bottom whimpers.

The Face in the Middle growls, “I told you. They don’t respect us. No one pays homage. No one sacrifices. We are merely a curiosity. Fallen gods.”

4 Comments:

Blogger Bk30 said...

Excellent job :). Even though they are now stuck for ever, eagle still retains his voice.

8:09 PM  
Blogger Anne/kq said...

I love the style of this. It just seems to fit so well with what the characters are and what they say.

1:20 PM  
Blogger CaySedai said...

I like that their power is tied to the level of worship - and their dismay when they find this out.

5:56 AM  
Blogger Mary Kay said...

And when proper homage is paid...

That's what popped into my head at the end. And what other forms of tribute would these Gods demand?

Very nice!

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home